The objectives of the Ontario Purple Martin Association are to encourage interest and improvement in the Purple Martin Species by:
- holding meetings respecting the theory and practice of ornithology as it relates to the PUMA;
- promoting enthusiasm and appreciation of purple martins in the local community and throughout Ontario;
- encouraging the installation and management of Purple Martin housing, with the aim of increasing nesting accommodations and successful breeding of purple martins throughout their nesting range in Ontario;
- arranging field trips, workshops, and displays;
- assist new and existing purple martin landlords by providing advice, guidance and education to improve the success of their sites;
- monitor population trends from year to year by surveying the number of fledged young from purple martin houses and reported by Ontario landlords and association members.
Click here to download: OPMA Pamphlet REV.
Our Directors at Large and Volunteers
John Balga Webmaster/Advisor
Fern Bellavance Lending Library
Vacant Vice- Chairperson
Audrey Festeryga Board member at large
Paul Hamel Chairperson
Al Hamill Treasurer
Marieanne Knapp Board member at large
Carolyn Recker Good Will Ambassador
Dennis Shady New Member Advisor
Mary Wilson Secretary/Newsletter
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Please note: The use of trade names or comparisons in this site is solely for the purpose of providing specific information about purple martins. This is not a guarantee, warranty or endorsement of any of the products or the companies named and does not signify that they are approved to the exclusion of others.